Friday 23 November 2012

Autumn Beauty

I have been quite obsessed with autumn leaves lately. Post studying life has meant I am now more open to life’s little beauties, and can appreciate these simple things, instead of being more concerned about reading enough and referencing properly, being places on time and sounding intelligent.


I have been gathering leaves, when I feel brave enough, and press them at home under books. My plan is to eventually use them in drawings and paintings which I am itching to do soon. Imagine the clear colours of auburn, orange and yellow inks on chunky paper with feathered edges….

The best ones have been from an acer tree outside the local kebab shop, (the ones in the picture). I was very upset to come past it on my way back from work to find people ‘tidying’ and polling the tree. I am also now very unimpressed by leaf blowers.

I have combined this with my studio-desk project at work, and right now I can say I am secretly pressing leaves underneath the huge office product catalogues next to me. Work is so much more easier now I know I have such a beautiful project nearby. And again, no one has noticed.




This is my leaf press at my studio-office work,
the rainbow pages of the catalogues look nice
and the sheets of kitchen roll from the paper
dispenser in the kitchen are perfect..  





These are my favorite pictures. I love the layers of the leaves coming through.

No comments:

Post a Comment